Thursday, February 14, 2008

Badawiyat, MOTM and Egypt-Bound!



Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope the young archer has been good to you -- and if he hasn't, may you fill your heart with music and dance! I will be doing exactly that tonight at a charity event for the Jewish Home of the Aged.

Technically, this is a private event, but if you're absolutely dying to see some dancing and share a lot of love with those who need it most, please let me know and I'll try bring you as a special guest.
In the spirit of love (and the hefty Dalia Carella rehearsal schedule) I'm only doing a few charity events this month.

My one public performance will be Badawiyat, which The Dalia Carella Dance Collective premiered last year through Dance New Amsterdam's Performance Project.

We are remounting it as part of The Field's modern dance performance showcase, Fielday at PS 122 this

Sunday, February 17 @ 7pm

PS 122
150 First Ave. at E. 9th St
212-477-5288
Admission: $10 at the door

We are the first act, so please get there on time!
Other things going on in Tandavaland......
Yes, I'm Raquy's Messenger of the Month for February 2008! And if that's not cool enough, I'm going to hang with her in Egypt in March!!

I'll be posting more details about this later, but at the moment all I have are departure dates --March 12th through the 18th -- and Raquy's awesome three-bedroom pad.

Yay!!! Alhamdulela!!


And I've been studying Pimsleur's Comprehensive Egyptian Arabic CDs which, I have to say, are very effective. Granted, the vocabulary is limited, but you learn all the important stuff, and it's taught in a way that gives you strong retention.


Of course, I'm sure I'll be pretty lost when trying to understand others, but at least I'll know enough for bargaining at the bazaar.

No comments: