Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bellydance Night at The Grisly Pear - 10/5/08

First -- a huge, hearty thank-you to everyone who came out on Sunday! You were an awesome crowd!

And to those of you who couldn't make it -- we had a full house, so there was no room for you anyway. :-P

Seriously, though, it was a wonderful show, hosted by the ever-gracious Leni and Scott Wilson. And two of my very favorite musicians joined Scott's band, Efendi: maestros Rami ElAasser on dumbek and David Kuchermann on riqq.

In the hustle and bustle of scrambling into my new costume, I forgot to give my camera to the friend who'd agreed to video me ... So there is no video I'm aware of.

But there were TONS of photos -- many excellent ones by Sal Romano, whose lovely work is posted below and on my flickr page.

Here is my entrance to Beyolunda ...

Entrance - Beyolunda 1

... next was the veil dance to Bir Dimet, where I revealed my gorgeous new costume.

Veil Dance - Bir Dimet

Threads look familar? Could be because this stunner is a hand-me-down from the transcendently stunning Darshan.

Next came the candle dance, which inspired several generous patrons to start throwing money around...

Candle Dance - Chiftetelli 1

Sticky, sticky money... :->

Candle Dance - Chiftetelli 2

And please -- no jokes about rolling in dough...

Although it was fun. :-D

Now, onward to the Bellyqueen 10th Anniversary Gala.

Hope to see you there!!

No comments: